· You will create a business plan for a for–profit startup company of your choice and you must adhere to the guidelines in this document.
· You will be the CEO of the new business.
|Business Size||· Your business is a for profit startup starting operations in January of the current year.
· Your sales must be over $1 million by the end of the second year in business.
|Product or Service||· Be specific about the product or service you plan to sell and how you will differentiate yourself from similar products or services in the marketplace.
· You will list any variations of the product (product lines) or services you sell (service lines)
|Market Size||· You will start marketing and selling the product or service in your geographical area within a 100-mile radius from your home and/ or online.|
|Intention to Raise Money||· You will develop the business plan with the intention to raise funds from investors and grow the business.
· You will raise funds from outside investors, either angel investors or venture capitalists and you will give equity in your business in exchange for the money you raise from investors.
|Facility||· You will rent or purchase. You will need to identify the cost of rent or purchase price and the cost of utilities.
· You cannot operate from your home.
|Employees||· You will have employees, a management team, and you will develop your own organizational hierarchy.
· You will have more employees and managers in the second year than in the first year as your sales are increasing.
|Equipment||· You will need to purchase equipment, computers, furniture, vehicles (etc.), as applicable, to run your business.|
Key Business Plan Parameters