Choose 1 of the following health care organizations:
- Nursing facility
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Ambulance supplier
- Durable medical equipment supplier
- Third-party medical billing company
- Clinical laboratory
- Home health agency
Imagine that your chosen organization has asked you to present on the importance of voluntary compliance for health care organizations.
Create a 10- to 15-slide presentation using either Microsoft® PowerPoint® or websites such as Google Slides™, Adobe® Slate, or Prezi™ that addresses the board of directors at your organization.
Explain the following in your presentation:
- The major elements of a compliance plan for this type of organization
- How this compliance plan differs between your selected organization and other health care organizations
- Why it is important for this type of organization to implement a compliance program
- What may happen if a voluntary compliance program is not used in an organization
- The differences between a voluntary compliance program and a corporate integrity agreement (CIA)
Review the Corporate Integrity Agreement Documents page on the Office of Inspector General (OIG) website in preparation for your presentation.
Cite 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.