Coursework Information Sheet
Mobilising Creativity and Innovation:
You will develop a plan to promote creative thinking in your work organisation with a view to enhancing innovation. You will need to include an in-depth literature review critically evaluating alternative contemporary perspectives in order to draw meaningful conclusions and develop feasible recommendations to the organisation. You will present your analysis and plan in a 1500 word report.
In this unit we consider many alternative approaches and perspectives on how organisational creativity and innovation might be promoted or blocked in practice across multiple levels: individual, group and organisation.Assignment 1 is specifically concerned with promoting individual creativity as it contributes to the innovation process.
- You are required to critically evaluate individual creativity in the context of your workplace, firstly through the identification of individual blocks that inhibit the process, and secondly you will need to consider which of the alternative approaches is most relevant in this context as an intervention designed to promote individual creativity and innovation.
- You will then need to demonstrate a systematic understanding and critical appreciation of the process of creativity and innovation drawing on contemporary theories to support your evaluation and synthesis.
- You will develop a plan to promote individual creative thinking in your work organisation with a view to enhancing innovation. You will need to include an in-depth literature review critically evaluating alternative contemporary perspectives in order to draw meaningful conclusions and develop feasible recommendations.
- You will present your analysis and plan in report format of approximately 1500 words excluding references and appendices.
- In the unlikely event that your work organisation prevents adequate analysis, the UK Tutor can agree an alternative. You are not permitted to use a case study of your own choice unless approved in advance by the UK tutor.Use of an unapproved alternative case study will result in failure of the assignment.