The purpose of a Case Study Report is to describe a specific human capability management situation and set up questions that elicit interaction from fellow class members around that human capability management situation. This “Case Study Report” that you are writing should particularly describe any REAL business circumstances and frame the questions around growth options and the human capability management opportunities that enhance or constrain the conversation/decision making (Note: this is not a fabricated or made up scenario). Each student must submit a case study write-up ( 3 pages) reflecting on your chosen human capability management situation. In this regard, the following points should be considered:
- Make sure there is enough history and circumstantial information presented in the opening part of the case so that others are clear on the context for the question.
- Describe the business, the people involved and/or your current (or previous) role in it so that the class gets a quick feel for your situation.
- Describe the current business and human capability management situation: survive and thrive with capability, changing the perspective, the new role of learning and development, the components of capability, the performance consultancy process, the role of the manager, towards a performance culture etc.
- Set up the tensions around your thinking and the human capability management situation.
- Lead us to a thesis question or unresolved feeling/situation that you or the business is currently wrestling with set up the factors that are impacting you or around which you would like to have a discussion.
You can select one business and describe its story regarding the challenges, issues, and opportunities. You may find related information from online and other resources. Try to write your case study with your own words. If you have any writing referenced from any resource, please make citation(s) and reference(s) for your report. You also need to write one to two questions in the writing for your case study. The question(s) could summarize the issue and/or challenge that you observed for the business. Please see the case study example: “Smarter.com – The Challenges of Doing Business in China” in the attachment.
The Case Study Report is to describe a specific human capability management situationlike ( sexual harassment or delayed work or racism in work or assault on a colleague by word or hand , etc)
The Case Study Report is to describe a specific human capability management situationnot general situation
This “Case should be REAL business ( not a fabricated or made up scenario)
use simple words
Enjoy the exercise! The purpose of it is to get you to reflect on the business situations and to sort out those situations and dynamics that you are feeling around the human capability management conversation. The Case Study should be in Times New Roman 12 point font size with double space