.begins with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The body of the paper should include levels of heading that keep the writer focused and on track. For example, this paper would have four (4) level one headings not including the introductory paragraph or conclusion. The paper would then have a conclusion to summarize the main points of the paper. The last page would be the reference page.
Select one nursing leader or nursing historical event. from the list below:
• Christiane Reimann
• Dame Cicely Saunders
• Mary Breckinridge
• Mary Eliza Mahoney
Nursing Historical Event
• Advances in Nursing Practice
• Evolution of Palliative Care
• Origin of Professional Nursing
• Origin of Public Health Nursing
Students will develop a scholarly paper relating to the selected nursing leader or nursing historical event that includes the following criteria:
1. Identify and provide rationale for the selected nursing leader or nursing historical event.
2. Describe the historical background of the selected nursing leader or nursing historical event.
3. Explain the effect the selected nursing leader or nursing historical event had on the practice of profession nursing today.
4. Provide a prediction of the future needs of nursing based on the selected nursing leader or nursing historical event.
5. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
6. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion. The introductory paragraph and purpose statement allow the reader to understand what the paper/assignment is going to address.
7. Include level 1 headings to organize the paper (page 62 in the APA manual).
8. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
9. Include a minimum of two (2) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory). You may have to use historical references that are more than five years old.
10. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).