Assume you are a strategic leader in a large international manufacturing organization. The organization has experienced a significant loss in revenue over the last two years; now you must consider outsourcing a division to another country in order to reduce expenditures and sustain the company for years to come. Given that your role as a strategic leader is to focus on long-term planning, you must ensure that your decision making is effective and will meet the overall organizational goal of sustainment. Thus, address the following:
- Describe the steps you would take in evaluating the decisions to be made in this situation.
- Explore whether or not you would use prescriptive or descriptive decision making.
- Explain your reasoning for the type of decision making you selected.
- Evaluate the critical thinking skills you think are necessary to make this decision.
The focus of this assignment is on the steps that you would take as a leader while going through the decision-making process, rather than the actual decision that you would make.
The length and formatting requirements are as follows:
- Cite a minimum of four scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to the textbook, three of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources
- Your assignment should feature a PowerPoint slideshow that includes 8-10 slides, not counting the required title and references slides. If you do not have access to PowerPoint, you may use a program such as Google, SlideRocket, Prezi, or another software application to create your presentation. Embed voice narration in your presentation, or follow the directions above for a written script and submit it separately. Familiarize yourself with the program you choose early in the process.
- Your slides must feature content in the Notes section that elaborates on your bullet points.
- Format your assignment according to the APA format