Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the Dhandho Investor. Then, watch the video interview Verizon’s Tami Erwin Says 5G Is Bigger Than 3G and 4G CombinedLinks to an external site..
Tami Erwin is executive vice president and CEO of Verizon Business, a global leader in 5G technology serving 97% of Fortune 500 companies. She is widely recognized for her strategic impact, marketing and operations focus, technical savvy, and passion for people. As CEO of Verizon Business, a $30B+ business with over 26,000 employees that would be among the Fortune 100 if it was a separate entity, she and her team help businesses, governments and communities reimagine their employee, supply chain and end-customer experiences. As the shift to digital accelerates, Verizon Business is paving the way into a new 5G era of technology-led disruption and innovation. Tami is a graduate of the Executive Program at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business, and attended Pacific Union College, majoring in Business Administration. (Verizon, n.d., paras. 1–8)
Verizon. (n.d.). Tami ErwinLinks to an external site.. https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios/tami-erwin
Please watch the interview with Tami Erwin, executive vice president and CEO of Verizon Business and answer the following questions:
- What has she done as a leader to strategize the impact of COVID?
- In Karlgaard’s interview with Erwin he mentions the acceleration of digital transformation for all businesses and industries that is moving two times faster than it was five years ago. He bases this off companies working together with cloud computing, edge computing, artificial intelligence, and now 5G. How does the company utilize these types of digital transformation, and how has it impacted the production even while in a pandemic?
- How can 5G technology impact supply management?
- Erwin shared in the interview the importance of partnering with other large companies to accelerate the delivery of solutions on behalf of their customers. She went on to share the importance that the partners they work with deliver the same kind of quality of products and services that Verizon aspires to deliver to their customers. Do you see more companies today partnering with other companies to help deliver a higher-level service and bridge technology? Besides Verizon what other companies have partnered with other large companies to bridge digital technology and offer a greater level of quality service to customers?
- How does Tami Erwin embody the Dhandho approach in her decision-making?
Guided Response: Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least two scholarly or credible resources in addition to the text. The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. Use at least one outside article on the featured CEO in addition to the provided material.