Submit your response as a 1-2-page Word Document.
You want to research the federal government’s regulation of pesticides in general, and specifically the labeling of pesticides. You don’t know much of anything about this topic, so you’ll have to get some background information first. You hope that this will help you find some statutory and regulatory materials, case law, and treatises and practice guides.
- Your first step is to do some targeted internet searching. Type this search exactly as you see it in the Google search box: pesticide AND regulate site:.gov
- What federal agency regulates pesticides?
- What is the federal statute that gives this agency the authority to regulate pesticides?
- Does this agency only regulate pesticides that are produced domestically in the United States?
- Does it require any pesticides imported into the U.S. to have certain characteristics?
- How are states authorized to regulate pesticides?
- Can states regulate pesticides more strictly than the federal government?
- In general, what are three types of regulatory activities related to pesticides that the federal agency in question 1(a) above is responsible for?