COMPETENCIES ADDRESSED IN THIS ASSIGNMENT
- Competency 1: Analyze the range of potential human dynamics in a disaster event.
- Competency 2: Apply cultural competence
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
When disasters strike, those who work in first responder professions often have to attend to the needs of the community. Employment obligations become the priority. Many emergencies continue to take place in the aftermath of disasters; therefore, citizens still need emergency services. First responders may have to work extended hours. At the same time, they have families whose needs also require attention. This can often result in a conflict between these two areas of responsibility.
You have been tasked with researching some key facets of aftermath preparedness for your team from the perspective of the residents in your community. The context of the research is the assumption that a major disaster hit the community where you live now, wiping out signage, utilities, water, and all capabilities of institutions and businesses to function. Set aside your current working role and reflect on your feelings as an individual resident.
In your paper:
- Identify the two most important needs you and your family will require in the aftermath of the disaster.
- Explain how you would attend to your family’s needs.
- Determine resources you would turn to for help if you could not meet your identified needs.
- Analyze the implications associated with your decisions.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 2â€“3 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- References: A minimum of two references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your paper to Turnitin. Once you review your results and make any needed changes, submit your paper for grading.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ASSIGNMENT
This is a two-step process.
Turnitin: All assignments must be submitted to Turnitin.
- Access Turnitin through the link in the courseroom.
- Submit your assignment using the draft folder.
- Review the returned report and make changes as needed. (You may ignore any template matches.)
- Resubmit your updated assignment using the appropriate folder.
Submit Your Assignment for Grading: See the tutorial Submit an Assignment (linked in the resources) for more information.
- Click on the linked assignment heading.
- Attach your file.
- Click submit.
- You will know your submission was successful by viewing the Submitted section of the My Grades area.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.