Reflect back on the Week 1 discussion in which you shared with the class the global societal issue that you would like to further address. Explore critical insights that were shared by your peers and/or your instructor on the topic chosen and begin your search for scholarly sources with those insights in mind.
Write: For this assignment, review theand address the following prompts:
- Introductory paragraph to topic (refer to the Final Paper guidelines for your topic selection).
- Write an introductory paragraph with at least 150 words that clearly explains the topic, the importance of further research, and ethical implications.
- Thesis statement.
- Write a direct and concise thesis statement, which will become the solution to the problem that you will argue or prove in the Week 5 Final Paper. (A thesis statement should be a concise, declarative statement. The thesis statement must appear at the end of the introductory paragraph.)
- Annotated bibliography.
- Develop an annotated bibliography to indicate the quality of the sources you have read.
- Summarize in your own words how the source contributes to the solution of the global societal issue for each annotation.
- Address fully the purpose, content, evidence, and relation to other sources you found on this topic (your annotation should be one to two paragraphs long—150 words or more.
- Include no less than five scholarly sources in the annotated bibliography that will be used to support the major points of the Final Paper.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by accurately interpreting evidence used to support various positions of the topic.
The Introduction, Thesis Statement, and Annotated Bibliography
- Must be 1,000 to 1,250 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style(Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment. The Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial will offer further assistance with including supporting information and reasoning.
- Must document in APA style any information used from sources, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s In-Text Citation Guide (Links to an external site.).
- Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essay based on the Turnitin report. References list will be excluded from the Turnitin originality score.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Note : Check the following for week 1 discussion as a reference:
“Week 1 Discussion
Hello professor and my classmates First of i would like to ask for apology for late submission due to some family emergency.
Identify two global societal issues from the following list that you would consider researching further for your Week Five Final Argumentative Essay.
The two issue that I have chosen are “Global Water shortage & Global climate change.
Describe effective methods you used in identifying and narrowing down to just one of the two topics to further research for your final essay.
These two issue I feel are very important and something that needs to be addressed, but the one that has drawn in my interest is “Global climate change”. I know that there is plenty of information out there for me to be able to research and as well as reliable resource out there to help me with my research paper. Also with these reliable resources, I will be able to state and show both sides of each spectrum. At the same time be able to state my opinion in this as well.
Explain three ways you can critically analyse sources to determine if they are scholarly and credible.
Who published the source? Is it a university press or a large reputable publisher? Is it from a government agency? Is the source self-published? What is the purpose of the publication? Where does the information in the source come from? Does the information appear to be valid and well-researched, or is it questionable and unsupported by evidence? Is there a list of references or works cited? What is the quality of these references?
Who is the author? What are the author’s credentials (educational background, past writing, experience) in this area? Have you seen the author’s name cited in other sources or bibliographies? Is the content a first-hand account or is it being retold? Primary sources are the raw material of the research process; secondary sources are based on primary sources.
For one of the topics chosen, summarise information from at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the Ashford University Library that will support your claims.
I do not think people understand that impact and affect “Global Climate change” has on the world today. People think it is just about a topic of conversation or just a research topic for scientist. But that’s not right this global climate change is human made. People need to understand that if we wont be alert and wont change our practices towards living out life with plastic bottles and the was we are polluting the environment so at this point I could say that the natural crises is not very far. We conclude by discussing the theoretical implications of our results for understanding social power, organisational dynamics and the ramifications of abuse in the workplace.
Explain why scholarly sources should be used to support your writing on the selected topic.
The Scholarly sources should be used to support my writing on the selected point because these sources or references will aid in writing a sound and rigorous research paper about Global weather change and global water shortage.
- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/climate/what-is-climate-change.html\ (Links to an external site.)