PLEASE RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING CLASSMATE POST IN 50 WORDS OR MORE INCLUDE CITATIONS:
- How should the nurse proceed with the interview portion of the assessment?
The nurse would introduce herself and state the purpose of her assessment and explain what the assessment will entail. In addition to the information the nurse already has, subjective an objective data, the nurse will gather biographic data that includes name, address, phone number, DOB, birthplace, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, occupation, and primary language.
2. What are the components necessary to complete the interview?
The nurse will also need to know is past health such as childhood illnesses, accidents or injuries, serious or chronic illnesses, hospitalizations, previous surgeries, immunizations, allergies, last examination date, current medications, and family history.
3. Develop a problem list for subjective findings.
Eats out most of the time.
Lack of close family/support system
4. Develop a problem list for objective findings.
5. What teaching should the nurse consider from the problems list?
The nurse should consider teaching the patient about his blood pressure control, healthy meal options, and adding more activity to his lifestyle. The nurse can also consider giving the patient information about social support.
6. What interventions might be included in the plan of care for this patient?
Possibly a medicine reconciliation to determine if he needs a change to his current hypertension regim