Leadership Case Study
[WLO: 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to working on this final paper, review the following resources:
- How Executives Can Help Sustain Value Creation for the Long TermLinks to an external site.
- 14 Important Benefits of a More Diverse Leadership TeamLinks to an external site.
- Study: Firms With More Women in the C-Suite Are More ProfitableLinks to an external site.
- Diversity Wins: How Inclusion MattersLinks to an external site.
Executive leadership strategy is a key element of long-term corporate success. Indeed, Babcock et al.’s research indicates “when executives consistently make decisions and investments with long-term objectives in mind, their companies generate more shareholder value, create more jobs, and contribute more to economic growth than do peer companies that focus on the short term” (2021, para. 1). Throughout this course you have been identifying and analyzing the leadership strategies that correlate with value creation, assists investors, managers, employees, and future executives with their goals.
In this summative assignment, you will select, research, and evaluate the leadership strategy of the CEO of a publicly traded company. Select a CEO from one these lists:
- Meet the 16 Hispanic CEOs of Top S&P 500 CompaniesLinks to an external site.
- One of the Only 4 Black Fortune 500 CEOs Just Stepped Down — Here Are the 3 That RemainLinks to an external site.
- The Number of Black CEOs in the Fortune 500 Remains Very LowLinks to an external site.
- The Female CEOs on This Year’s Fortune 500 Just Broke Three All-Time RecordsLinks to an external site.
Then, research your chosen CEO by reviewing the corporate website, annual reports, and news articles. Plan your research with the following criteria in mind. Use what you have learned from both textbooks and an additional four scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible sources to support your analysis.
In your final paper,
- Explain the CEO’s leadership skills, model, and their unique strengths as a leader.
- Appraise the CEOs team development and long-term value creation strategies.
- Evaluate the cultural aspects in the corporation that impact its leadership strategy and value proposition.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the CEO’s leadership strategy in its competitive market.
- Compare the CEO’s leadership strategy to the leadership strategy of the CEO of one of its competitors.
- Assess the company’s total cumulative shareholder return over the most recent 5-year period.
- Analyze your chosen CEO’s leadership strategy with respect to creating shareholder value throughout 2020 and 2021.
You may want to use the Writing a Case Study AnalysisLinks to an external site. guidelines to organize your analysis.
The Leadership Case Study final paper,
- Must be seven to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least four scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the Quick and Easy Library ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.