Most business organizations require their employees to collaborate as a team to achieve business outcomes. Health care organizations also rely on teams to reach their outcomes.
Imagine your next job in a health care organization, whether you work in a health care organization now or aspire to work in health care as a result of your program coursework. Watch “Teamwork in Healthcare” to gain real-world insight about communicating in the health care field.
- What’s the job you imagined? Briefly describe the job and include the title, a few of the duties you’d expect to perform, and the type of health care organization (e.g., hospital, pharmaceutical or medical equipment sales, manufacturing) you see yourself working in next.
- Which people’s roles/job titles would you depend on to accomplish your job?
- Which people’s roles/job titles would depend on you to accomplish their jobs?
- How do you feel about this interdependence? Why is teamwork important in the health care industry?
- Which strategies would you use for effective team communication and collaboration?
a minimum of 175 words.