Instructions Rough Draft of the Final Research Project
Submit your rough draft for feedback.
The Final Research Project will be 20-25 pages and due in week 8. The project must include a title page, table of contents, abstract, and a
reference page. The project will demonstrate the knowledge acquired
through course work completed to date. The project is an application of this knowledge and requires the student to analyze and interpret the topic
of interest. The use of graphics and charts is highly encouraged.
This report must be original work. This report cannot include papers
submitted in previous courses.
APA cover page
Abstract (1/2- 1 page)
2. Introduction to the topic, problem or thesis statement
3. Literature Review Background Research on the topic (use from week 5)
4. Discussion of your ideas on the topic and problem
5. Discussion of new solution(s) to the problem
The final paper must have the following key sections, clearly identified,
though they can be titled creatively to reflect your question and interests:
I. An introduction that states the problem and why your topic is important.
The research question, clearly and concisely stated as a question. What do
you hope to answer with this research? This section should also include
definition of terms.
II. Literature Review – background research on this topic
III. The results/ discussions, describes what you have learned that helps
answer the research question. What are you ideas about this topic?
IV. The discussion of potential new solutions.
V. The conclusion, which summarizes the key points of the paper and
suggests further research needed on this topic.
VI. A list of references in APA format.
Topics for the course project include but are not limited to:
1) The convergence of transportation congestion and transportation security at a U.S. seaport.
2) A review of past Transportation legislation while developing a new
proposal to address past weaknesses and omissions.
3) The transitioning of the Defense Transportation System toward complementing best practices in supply chain management efficiently and
4) A review of the U.S. economy and its impact on transportation and
5) Identify new challenges within transportation and logistics management
and develop viable solutions to these challenges.
6) Identify an emerging concept such as reverse logistics, green logistics,
etc. and analyze its impact on the future of transportation and logistics management.
7) Other topics will be considered.
As a reminder, below is the thesis and I will attached the last literature
review to assist.