Make sure to thoroughly review the required background materials before starting this assignment, as you need to apply concepts from readings such as Fleenor, et al. (2008) as part of this assignment. The checklist on page 37 of Fleenor, et al. is especially important for this assignment.
This assignment has five sections. For each section, the suggested length is one half to one full page, for a total length of four to five pages not including the title page and references. You should also make sure to cite Fleenor, et al. (2008) and other sources multiple times throughout the paper as well as any additional references that you find:
1. Most 360-degree surveys are not free and in fact are very expensive if you want to get a license to use them at your organization. However, there are a few free sample 360-degree surveys out there. Do a search on Google or other search engines using terms such as “free 360-degree feedback survey.” Find two or three free surveys and choose one of them that you think would be most applicable to your organization. Explain the reasoning for your choice and try to use criteria from the readings such as the checklists from Fleenor, et al. (2008, p. 37).
2. Now take the survey that you chose in your answer to Question 2 above. Fill out the survey as a self-evaluation – that is, use the survey to evaluate your own leadership skills and other skills. Report the results of your survey. Do you think the survey was useful? What areas for improvement in your leadership skills did you find from using the survey?
3. As a next step, fill out the survey again, but this time evaluate your current supervisor or a previous supervisor that you worked with. Report your results. Were the results fair to your supervisor? What are the main areas for improvement for your supervisor based on your results?
4. Now that you have taken the survey twice, what areas for improvement would you make for it before using it again? Would you change the wording of the questions? Any questions that you would add? Use the concepts from Fleenor, et al. (2008) as well as your own experiences filling out the survey to assess the usefulness of the survey that you took.
5. Finally, take a look at pages 65-69 of Fleenor, et al. (2008) where they discuss issues, advantages and disadvantages of 360-degree assessment surveys. Which issues do you think would apply to your organization and the leaders you work with? How might you overcome these issues if you were to lead a 360-degree survey process in your organization? Next Start or as Soon as Possible.