Consider the following scenario as you respond to the discussion questions below:
You are the department manager for a thriving orthopedic center that is part of an integrated delivery system (IDS).
The IDS is owned by a national corporation, with varying sized health care facilities from coast to coast.
The chief executive officer (CEO) of the IDS is considering approving procurement of a surgical robotic unit for your center, at the recommendation of the system’s chief of surgery.
Primary Task Response: Given the scenario above, you are asked to discuss the economic factors that must be considered prior to the purchase of the surgical robotic unit.
In a post of 300-500 words, respond to the following questions:
• Who are the stakeholders in this scenario (both internal and external)?
• What is the impact to the various stakeholders of acquiring a surgical robotic unit?
• What are the external and internal factors that will impact the decision?
• How might consumers (patients) react?
• How will acquiring this technology impact the organization’s ability to compete?